Amy Ippoliti: Live Glo Q&A on Wednesday, April 1st

Hi Amy, With the recent movement of online yoga in light of the pandemic, is there a hot tip you can give to a teacher new to making yoga videos? I have made 2 now, steadily improving each time, but realizing how much more I fumble my words on video, maybe it’s the pressure of being recorded? Thank you :slight_smile:

Amy, I’m 52. Very young at heart, very passionate about yoga yet I do feel my body is changing. Would you consider classes for people my age, … sounds weird writing down :blush:. I still love active yoga, yet I feel I enjoy a slower pace … :pray:

1 Like

Ciao, Auriga! Thank you so much for being here, to check in with other yoga practitioners. I know you are ahead of us in this new reality we are all facing, so I can only imagine what you are going through. What I can say is that human interaction (in whatever form we can get that’s not physical) is critical now to keeping our spirits up. And I also think being of service is critical right now. For myself if I am not checking in with and helping others I get quite lethargic, and down in the dumps. So my lifeline has been to reach out and get involved in online activities. I also try to get into nature at least once a day if possible. I think a lot about our ancestors who lived to tell the story of making it through World War 2 - I get strength from them too. I hope this helps!!

1 Like

Amy! I was so excited to see you were doing one of these!!! Love your classes up here on Glo. I also subscribe to your newsletter and always find some much value in those as well. Big gratitude for all you do and share! Knowing the topic of the Q&A today is “making the most of this collective pause”, my question is how do you pause when the pause feels forced - and it is a pause in everything? I find it hard to sit still. Even in my yoga practice I have been choosing more active practices to keep my anxious energy moving.

1 Like

Hi Christel! I’m so glad to hear that my classes make you happy. That makes my day.

To stay balanced these days, I am giving myself a lot of permission to slow down, not be such an achiever, and enjoy my connections to others online - which in a weird way feels like the biggest blessing out of all of this. This collective pause has given us a great gift: TIME. Time to reset, time to have long luxurious conversations with loved ones, and old friends.

I am doing a lot of walks in nature, restorative yoga poses, and soon will be adding stronger yoga practices in. (I’m not there yet).

Now of course, the quarantine has also put me, and so many of us, into crisis and triage mode, but I keep telling myself that at least the triage is in slow motion - nothing is as urgent has it was before.

I am an extrovert so this is my way. For the introverts out there, I recommend upping your meditation and pranayama practice as a lifesaver.

Hi Amy, I have been enjoying many of your classes over the years. what are other sports and activities that you enjoy? THank you so much.

Glo adds new classes to the site daily and mine get added regularly with that.

I love wall classes too!! I have a class called “Breaking Through the Wall” that is a Wall-a-palooza:

class
Breaking Through the Wall
Hatha with Amy Ippoliti
90 mins • Level 1-2

You can also filter by teacher and by prop, and then choose “wall” to see all the wall classes I’ve got. xox

2 Likes

Hey Julie - yay, thanks for Glo’ing with me all this time!

Besides yoga, I enjoy swimming, free diving, walking, hiking, road biking, strength training, and Body Pump!

Thanks I didn’t see that one!

Hi Amy and hello from New Zealand and thanks for sharing your teachings with such love and enthusiasm. It is one of the things that helps me return to yoga if I have a long break. Your positive practices are a ray of sunshine during these challenging times.

3 Likes

Hey Jennifer,
Thanks for following along on our newsletter!

The pause is definitely forced, but we have a choice to be victims of the pause, or to receive it as what the world happens to be “offering” to us right now. Because, as humans, we are free, we get to choose how we respond to the pause.

We will all react to it differently based on our upbringing and habits. What I find so exciting about this pause is that choice, right?

We can either go into victim mode and live life by DEFAULT (ie. our habits) or we can live life in this time by DESIGN.

So I am thinking a lot about this as a reset, a transformational opportunity to create a future that is more in keeping with my values. And more in keeping with what brings me joy. And more in keeping with what makes me healthy and flourishing.

To that end, I am working on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule that helps me accomplish all the things that help me reach my goals of being healthy, happy, and flourishing.

And how cool that everyone is going through it TOGETHER so we have each other as support!

I LOVE that you’ve identified that more active practices are helping you right now. Some of us need to let off steam and that is totally appropriate! Here are a few of my "blow off steam classes!

class
Release Stress, Build Strength & Stamina
Vinyasa Flow with Amy Ippoliti
30 mins • Level 2

class
When Life Throws You Curve Balls
Vinyasa Flow with Amy Ippoliti
60 mins • Level 2-3
3 Likes

You are totally famous in my house. I am starstruck that you answered me. Thank you so much for all you do. Julie

1 Like

Thanks so much, Brenda - day made!

How are you doing with all of this? As a New Yorker (transplanted to Florida), I know a lot of my friends are really feeling the squeeze so to speak. For me, I find it changes day by day, but for the most part I’m embracing the change of pace. How is Amy doing? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is what I wrote to a similar questions I got earlier - hope this helps!

The pause is definitely forced, but we have a choice to be victims of the pause, or to receive it as what the world happens to be “offering” to us right now. Because, as humans, we are free, we get to choose how we respond to the pause.

We will all react to it differently based on our upbringing and habits. What I find so exciting about this pause is that choice, right?

We can either go into victim mode and live life by DEFAULT (ie. our habits) or we can live life in this time by DESIGN.

So I am thinking a lot about this time as a reset, a transformational opportunity to create a future that is more in keeping with my values. And more in keeping with what brings me joy. And more in keeping with what makes me healthy and flourishing.

To that end, I am working on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule that helps me accomplish all the things that help me reach my goals of being healthy, happy, and flourishing.

And how cool that everyone is going through it TOGETHER so we have each other as support!

Aloha Amy!!! I So happy to “see” you here! I’ve been doing your classes for many years too. My favorite go to in the mornings is Enlivened. I also enjoy your meditation classes and goofiness. You make me laugh when I least expect it.

You are an inspiration for me to continue to move forward, specially now. I pray that you and your family keep safe and healthy, like everyone else globally. I feel sad at times but I hope and pray that this nightmare ends soon.

Thank you for everything you do! :sparkling_heart::pray:t3:

1 Like

NANCY! That is such great news. Talk about a pose that shakes out all the things that hold us back. I’m so glad you enjoyed that program. That is one I am most proud of - it has a special place in my heart. :purple_heart:

Hey Alana - thanks for being here. I hear you, it always feel awkward at first to be on camera, but the more you do it the easier it will get. And try to imagine your beautiful students inside the camera waiting for your guidance!

1 Like

Oh, thank you, Saymar for your kind words and thoughtful reflection. It makes me happy. I trust you are finding the little bits of light and laughter within the darkness right now. Big hugs to you!

1 Like

Hi Amy, Carrie here from back in the day at Samadhi and those 3-hour long classes. What were those called? Tigress classes? Still am delighted to be able to “take” class and learn from you after all these years. Thank you (and thanks Glo)! I would love to know, if you were to recommend 1) a book, 2) a podcast, 3) a streaming music station/artist and/or any 4) other form of media nourishment at this time, what would you recommend? Namaste, radiant one. Here’s to choice and slowing down! ~ Carrie

1 Like