Mindfulness reminders or tools

How do you remind yourself to take a mindful pause throughout your day? Do you use any reminders or tools?

2 Likes

I think habit building can be a tool in and of itself. That’s the one I have used over the years to bring mindfulness into my everyday. Starting small and building a consistent practice can be key. I try to incorporate mindfulness in small tasks or activities throughout the day - some days more frequently than others. Over time, I have learned to catch myself when I have become sort of detached from the present moment. Mindfulness always brings me back and continues to bless me with a greater sense of appreciation for my environment, in all its forms. Annie Carpenter has a guided meditation on Glo called Mindful Walking. I think this could be one way to introduce you to this habit building and using walking as a way to do so.

1 Like

My personal favorite tool for mindfulness is thinking, stating to a friend or writing down at least 3 things I am grateful for. Some days it’s easy to do, other days it is harder, but it never fails to put me in a very present and reflective state. It can be fun to do this outside as well, even if you don’t live in a place where you feel like you can connect to much nature, I look up to the sky and admire the clouds, trees or the moon. This can help put me in a mindful state and a grateful state.

This is a wonderful question though, I am going to keep thinking about it and I’ll come back if I think of any other tips or tools :slight_smile:

I really like what Luke said as well about habit building!

I would echo @CieraA. Starting a gratitude journal was a game-changer for me. In 2014 I started writing down 3 things I was grateful for each day. At first I sometimes had to search for what to write, but it definitely became habit forming. Even though I feel blessed by a good life and am a positive person, this tool totally changed my perspective. Now, throughout the day, I am often thinking of things that are worthy of being noted in my gratitude journal. If you don’t do so already, I’d suggest trying this for 30 days and see how it impacts you.

1 Like