Motivation and Accountability in Yoga

How do you find the motivation to continue your practice on days when yoga is the last thing you want to do? How do you keep yourself accountable? Any tips and tricks to build up a consistent practice would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

At the beginning of my Yoga journey I used to find it a chore when I didn’t feel like it and skip days on end sometimes. But as time has progressed and I have progressed not only physically but spiritually I now see the benefit in every aspect of yoga so really look forward to it everyday. My tip would be get on the mat even for 5 minutes, choose a quick meditation instead of a full on yoga class, this is what I do if I’m short on time, its is satisfying enough just to have that 5 minutes, it keeps the mind anchored to a yogic routine rather than the mind punishing itself for not turning up. that is my little bit of advice :pray:

2 Likes

A nice and relaxing restorative or yoga nidra for those days :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get myself to commit to a 10 minute practice, and usually after the 10 minutes I am ready to do more or a full practice. Or if I dont, at least I got some movement in. Its very easy to commit to a 10 minute workout and the bonus is I usually end up doing more.

1 Like

Love this! Little by little! I find programs on Glo as well keep me accountable each day! I learn a bit in each class and I am motivated to keep going to build off the previous class! Working my way through Dice’s Maximum Mobility program right now!

1 Like

Yes! Agreed! Have you taken any of Felicia Tomasko’s classes?

Oh I like this strategy! Using a 10-minute practice to warm up into a full practice! 10-minutes is totally doable. And then after the 10 minutes, what’s another 5 minutes? Love this! Thank you!