Rod Stryker: Live Glo Q&A on Thursday, April 9th

Join us on Thursday, April 9th at 12PM PDT for a Live Q&A with Rod Stryker!

18 Likes

Hello Glo family, Rod here. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. Looking forward to answering your questions.

11 Likes

ParaYoga homepage

3 Likes

Hi Yogarupa,

Can you provide some insight and suggestions on how yoga teachers can best support themselves while also supporting their students during this time.

Natalie

2 Likes

Hi Yogarupa! Thank you for doing this. Hope you and yours are well!

1 Like

Hi Rod…thank you for being here and hope all is well your way too…was wondering how important you feel breath work is now during this time to help with keeping our immune system strong…I’ve been doing your practices here at glo and working with the agni sara breath…thank you…

1 Like

Do you have any suggestions from your app Sanctuary for meditations during the time? I am a healthcare worker and yoga teacher and yoga student.

Hello Yogarupa, its Kristýna and Daniel. We would like to thank you for the Tantra Shakti course on-line. Especially in these times it is very valuable. Are you working on adding some other courses on-line on top of these 4 here? Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you for doing this! Can you share some thoughts on the philosophy of your approach to sequencing a yoga class?

Hey Yogarupa, good to see you here :slight_smile: thank you for taking the time and doing this. I hope you doing well under the circumstances. I have a question,

• I recently heard someone lecture about Samkya Philosophy and the person said that purusha and prakriti are are two parts of the soul. I was surprised about that statement, first of all as I don’t feel we can divide the soul into 2 parts and secondly my understanding of purusha - the one who is always at rest - is for me the same like soul the unchanging you and Prakrit is the changing you, the body, the matter… Can you speak on that please and if you would say purusha is the same as the soul is ? Thank you
1 Like

Hi Natalie, thanks for your question. Welcome to a new paradigm. It’s best if we think in short term and long term in how we address the issue. In the short term, the best thing to do is create online/digital content so that students can have you and your teaching as a resource. Making your classes either free or donation based might be ideal. The long term answer: we will just need to wait until we know more. At this point it’s impossible to say what it’s going to look like. It’s never been more important that we get rest, pay attention to diet and I strongly advise that we work with the breath/pranayama, either taking some time, as many as three times a day, to step away and breathe calmly and smoothly for no less than 3 minutes each time, or that we do a dedicated and intensive practice of pranayama each morning. In short, pay attention to taking care of your nervous system.

6 Likes

I have been doing Yoga Nidra daily for quite some time since coming back from a herniated disc. My question is- now that I have gotten into a Yoga Nidra practice, how and when do I integrate meditation does one replace the other-what are their relation?

3 Likes

Hi Rod,
Do you have a Mudra flow which you recomend to help others through the feelings of uncertainty/fear/isolation. Or 3 mudras you recomend to use in meditation?

Thank You, Yogarupa.
:pray:

1 Like

Thank you for this.
What pranayama do you recomend for the morning routine?

2 Likes

Hi Yogarupa, thank you so much for taking the time to be with us today. I’m wondering if you can share your insights on how we use yogic teachings to navigate our fear around money at this time?

2 Likes

To clarify, Mudras to help ease the tension one may be experiencing from isolation.

Yes, you are so right: it’s very important. I strongly advise that we work with the breath/pranayama, either taking some time, as many as three times a day, to step away and breathe calmly and smoothly for no less than 3 minutes each time, or that we do a dedicated and intensive practice of pranayama each morning. In short, pay attention to taking care of your nervous system. Agni Sara builds power and we want to be sure that we have a baseline of stability. If that’s the case, it’s a wonderful practice to meet the challenges of the day

3 Likes

Hey Yogarupa, another question of mine, just a more specific one regarding your courses here on glo: Do you think its possible to adapt the Moon Hatha Yoga concept and its methodic of the practice (forwardbends, twists and focusing on the long exhale as well as working with Mula Bandha ) - also into a more dynamic class like a ‚Moon Flow‘ ? Or would you say a Moon Flow would be too disturbing for the mind and wouldn’t the goal of creating calm & stable minds? Thank you so much

Hi Gail, thanks for your question. Here are two wonderful, short practices
Vital Ease in the Peace section
Restore in the Heal section
For a longer one, Shakti in the Empower section

4 Likes