Stephanie Snyder: Live Glo Q&A on Thursday, March 26th

Join us on Thursday, March 26th at 12PM PT for a Live Q&A with Stephanie Snyder!

Topic: Building new daily routines

19 Likes

hey guys! Steph here, im excited to check in with you all!

16 Likes

Hi Steph!! I am having trouble staying active, I usually have a great routine of working out when I get home from work, and while I actually have more time now - my motivation seems to be suffering. Any thoughts on how to keep up motivation with such a drastic change in schedule?

2 Likes

I want to share some ideas and practices that have helped me during the lock down we are under in San Francisco:

1. schedule is super important for me, it has helped lend structure at a time when the world can seem so chaotic.
  2. FaceTiming with family and friends has been a great comfort
  3. staying connected to my physical movement practices has been a great way to move energy!
11 Likes

Hey YogiBear! Great question: I totally get it. It took me a few days to settle into a new routine. My recommendation is to schedule your workouts at the same time everyday so you build it into your day as a habit. Choose a class from glo the evening before and then you are ready to go the next day!

3 Likes

I saw this and just wanted to say thank you for your glo classes. I love practicing with you!

2 Likes

Hi Stephanie, thanks for being with us today. I wanted to ask what philosophical teachings you refer to in times of crisis and challenge – and if / how you make this a part of your daily routine? Thank you

3 Likes

Hey Emily! Thank you so much, connecting with you guys via technology has been such a fulfilling experience!

2 Likes

Hey Stephanie! First of all, I love you and your classes! I’ve been feeling so scatterbrained from working from home and managing my two toddlers. I have tried to build a routine but feeling exhausted and lack of focus. Advice?

2 Likes

Hi Stephanie! Hugs from Italy! A suggestion for the routine: better to Stay with the same Class for a while or change it every day? Take care!

1 Like

Hi Stephanie,
as other people have said, I love your classes on Glo and am so happy I can study yoga with you this way!
Are there any particular poses/sequences/classes you would recommend or point us to to help us establish a daily routine or to feel more grounded during these times?
Thank you!

3 Likes

Oh yes, I feel you. Home with my 2 boys and struggling to entertain/school/and work at once. I have found that if I structure some activity in the mornings with them and they get lots of movement and uninterrupted interaction with me and each other that the rest of the day goes better. Its not easy. Also perhaps try to add a restorative yoga class to the end of your day after kiddos are in bed. It can make a wonderful difference. Sending love and lots of fierce mama strength. XOXO!

3 Likes

Hi Steph! Do you have any suggestions for calming the mind and body before bed? Having trouble getting to sleep at night!

1 Like

Hi Stephanie and thanks for your many classes here, I do really enjoy practice with you.
I live in Italy and the lockdown here is prolonging for a month and apparently it would go on and on.
What I am particularly struggling with is not maintain a rountine (that came out pretty normal after a couple of days), but to settle into this terrible situation. I found so difficult do distance myself from this sorrow and to find peace. A real one, not just during the mat time. What would you suggest?

1 Like

Hello Stephanie! Thank you so much for doing this live chat! I love your classes on glo!! I am a yoga and fitness instructor who works at a spa. I am on temporary lay off. :frowning: I tried recording a couple classes for students and I have to say the teachers here on glo… I am amazed at how you all teach absolutely perfect classes often with no students. That I have found challenging. I feel like I am talking to myself. :slight_smile: Any thoughts on how to keep the classes fun and interesting when it is just me on video?

1 Like

Hi Ann! Yes, it may be a good practice right now to begin your yoga with the same first moments - ie everyday you sit on your mat and do 3 minutes of slow breaths, and that remains consistent over time. Or perhaps you chant or write gratitude list and then practice. That will re-inforce the positive action!
XO

3 Likes

Ce la faremo, ne usciremo cambiati, ma ce la faremo.
Io sono in Toscana, immagino che da te la situazione sia più pesante, ma ce la faremo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Stephanie- I absolutely love your classes, and am always happy when you have a new on Glo that I can try! Thank you so much! My question for you is — I would love to develop a habit or routine for meditation, but haven’t figured out a good way to get started. I love the meditative elements often at the start or end of a practice, but feel a stand-alone time for meditation would be beneficial for me. Any tips for beginners on how to get started building a new habit for meditation into an already busy day?

Da me è un inferno! Speriamo vada tutto per il meglio!

Hey! Ha, I know what you mean. And Im sure this is a stressful time for you. I send you love patience and grounding energy. As far as teaching online, its just a new muscle to build and will improve your teaching over all. When I teach online, I imagine the person on the other side of the camera, and I speak directly to them. Look at teaching online as another way to serve and connect- keep it about that and you will feel more engaged which will help students will feel more engaged. Keep ups the good work! You’re helping your students, thats great dharmic action!

2 Likes