Tightening in Solar plexus

Just wanted to see what the hive thought about this. Ever since I can remember, I’ve experienced a tightness in my solar plexus which has manifested as depression/anxiety etc.

Over the years I have been able to isolate the source to suppressing certain emotions like anger and sadness while growing up and a lot of the tension is in my diaphragm (hence feeling short of breath when anxious!).

There are definite benefits from yoga and meditation, and I’ve found that after a good session I can breathe a whole lot easier and my thinking clears up.

Are there any other practises/meditations/asana that people can recommend to help with this unpleasant sensation?

Thanks a bunch

Tian

1 Like

Hi Tian! Felicia has some incredible meditations focused on healing and such. I hope these help, let me know what you think!

class
Support Ease in an Area of the Body
Audio Meditation with Felicia Tomasko
15 mins • Level 1

class
Permission to Feel Your Feelings
15 mins • Level 1

class
From Pain to Prana
15 mins • Level 2
1 Like

Hey Tian,
When I’ve had this feeling it was specifically when I was betrayed. What helped relieve the discomfort (every time) was visualizing the future the way I wished it to be. Not sure if that could help you, but I hope it does!
With love,
Amy

2 Likes

Try this Rod Stryker class! https://www.glo.com/class/6852