Yoga For Cancer Patients,Survivors & Thrivers!

Not sure if this is really the right place to ask but here goes …

Do we have any classes specifically for Cancer Survivors ?

Do you think that we need special training in order to teach Cancer Patients/Surviors ?

I am a Yoga Teacher … teaching now for 15 years … was diagnosed with cancer & have had surgery but need to heal through connection, sharing & teaching.

Looking for help on Glo.

Thank you .

Namaste,

Gurjinder x

1 Like

Hello again Gurjinder! So happy to see you here in Community :smile:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, you are strong and Glo is here to help support you. I would love to see if the rest of the community has suggestions for classes that have helped them through cancer as well, but here are some I recommend by the lovely Felicia Tomasko to start.

class
Ease Back in After Surgery
Hatha with Felicia Tomasko
30 mins • Level 1

class
Visualize Your Healing
Audio Meditation with Felicia Tomasko
30 mins • Level 1-2

class
Celebrate Your Wins
5 mins • Level 1

class
Feel Supported
Restorative with Felicia Tomasko
45 mins • Level 1

class
Visualize a Positive Healing Outcome
10 mins • Level 1

class
Preparing for a Procedure
10 mins • Level 1

class
Support the Healing Process
30 mins • Level 1-2

class
Support Ease in an Area of the Body
15 mins • Level 1

class
In the Waiting Room
10 mins • Level 1

class
Everything in Service of Healing
15 mins • Level 1

1 Like

Just did the first class … lovely . Thank you so much for sharing Ciera.

Gentle,slow & healing practice … perfect.

1 Like

These classes look great. Also… have you checked this out?

1 Like

Thank you Bia. I have looked into Yoga4Cancer too.

Have tried a few of their classes but thought it would be nice to use Glo too as I am a member here & feel more at “home” here xxx

Continuing to practice & allowing it to evolve …be what it needs to be for the body I have now … x

2 Likes

Glad to hear you feel at hOMe here-- I do as well :smile:.

Sounds like you are doing some deep healing :pray:.

Sending you all the best!!!

2 Likes

class
Lymphatic System Flush
Hatha with Felicia Tomasko
30 mins • Level 1-2

This is a great class. I am a cancer survivor and this case has helped greatly with the side effects of treatment.

2 Likes

HI Campstreet,
I hope you and your family are well and safe. I noticed your comment and wondered if I could ask your for a short comment on how yoga has helped you with surviving cancer. I am writing a book about the scientific benefits of yoga and am looking for short testimonials from yoga practitioners on how yoga has helped them. The testimonials usually carry the first name and country (e.g. Mary, Australia) or they can be anonymous. I am really grateful for your help. Take care, Mary

1 Like

Hi Gurjinder,
I hope you are well and safe. I noticed your comment and wondered if I could ask your for a short comment on how yoga has helped you with surviving cancer. I am writing a book about the scientific benefits of yoga and am looking for short testimonials from yoga practitioners on how yoga has helped them. The testimonials can carry the first name and country (e.g. Mary, Australia) or they can be anonymous. I am really grateful for your help. Take care, Mary