Yoga for silent reflux

Hello everybody. My husband has been recently diagnosed with silent reflux. He feels a constant presence of a bone like object in his throat. We were doing hatha yoga but now he read somewhere that all front bends that lower head below diaphragm are not good for the silent reflux. Any suggestion in which direction to continue. Thank you very much for your answers.

Hi Astrea,

Thank you for writing in. We are sorry about your husband’s diagnosis. We’re so grateful to be a part of you and your husband’s wellness journey. I am going to suggest some Yin classes as well as a hand free. I would also suggest not to do too overheating of exercises and avoid bending over by modifying.

While we are unable to be prescriptive in recommending a class for a specific medical need we do have a number of classes that you may find beneficial. We do recommend and feel it is important that you consult your doctor prior to undertaking any kind of exercise regimen. We want your practice to be beneficial and not detrimental to your overall wellness.

As always you can modify any pose or position and please remember to listen to your body. If something is uncomfortable, listen to that sensation and be aware.

Here are some classes I think he might enjoy! Try to avoid bending over as much as possible!

class
Hands-Free Vinyasa
Vinyasa Flow with Jo Tastula
45 mins • Level 1-2

class
First Yin Practice
Yin with Tiffany Cruikshank
45 mins • Level 1

class
Digestive Booster
Yin with Tiffany Cruikshank
20 mins • Level 1-2

class
Midday Break
Kundalini with Kia Miller
15 mins • Level 2

class
Gut Check
Yin with Giselle Mari
45 mins • Level 1-2

Please let me know what you think! I am happy to add more as well!

Wishing you health and vitality. Namaste