Yoga for the Overweight

I am four months into quarantine and have been so stagnant that I think I am becoming part of the furniture. I was overweight before quarantine, but now I have been eating constantly and my fitness has dropped significantly.

I have joined Glo to get back into more consistent yoga practice (for my body) and meditation (for my mind). I would love to start a group with people in a similar situation. If anyone out there would like to join me in the journey and cheer each other on, let me know.

7 Likes

Hi!

I totally feel you! This quarantine is starting to get to us all! I think this is a great idea! We can even recommend classes that motivate each other to practice, share ideas and more! :slight_smile:

This class is great for any body type, small, big, you name it!

class
Uncomplicated Basics for Every Body
Hatha with Alex van Frank
30 mins • Level 1-2

This is a good program to start to get back into practice after losing touch with it during quarantine! It is a level 2!
program
Back on the Mat
Vinyasa Flow with Kathryn Budig
Level 2

Some of my favorite meditations below!

class
Invoking Love
Audio Meditation with Kia Miller
10 mins • Level 1

Let me know if you like these to get started! We got this!!! Would also love to see some of your suggestions :slight_smile:

I am in the same boat. I haven’t always been the most active, but at least I was doing some physical activity a few times a week before the quarantine. Now I’m just sitting in an office all day and by the time I get home, I don’t want to work out. I love the idea of a support group to keep up the motivation. Thanks for such a great idea!

1 Like

I was overweight before quarantine but now it’s out of control. Has anyone had success with losing weight? I’d love to hear what’s working, I really need the motivation! Thanks

I am also overweight and do yoga. Let me know if you want to start a group or be accountability buddies. :slight_smile: